Overview of Job Functions
The Technical Writer is responsible for creating and editing public-facing documentation (mostly manuals) for inMusic’s products. The ideal candidate is an excellent writer and can explain complex topics and functions more simply to the user through text and graphics. The candidate must be able to work well independently as well as collaboratively, communicating with other Product Development teammates.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Create and edit written, public-facing documentation for our products: user guides, quickstart guides, firmware release notes/instructions, etc.
- Create and/or edit graphics for documentation: vector art, photos, diagrams, screenshots, etc.
- Compile translations into documentation (making minor changes as needed)
- Communicate internally (project managers, product managers, quality assurance, engineering) and research independently to ensure documentation is complete, correct, and delivered on schedule
- Deliver documentation to manufacturers; review and approve proofs from manufacturer
Minimum Job Qualifications
- 1–4 years of experience in technical writing (or writing for other instructional or customer support purposes)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Familiarity with Windows and Mac OS X operating systems
- Excellent command of written English (especially grammar, style, and consistency)
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
Recommended Skills and Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in English, Music Production, Audio Engineering, or a related field)
- Knowledge of—and passion for—audio/music equipment and software
- Familiarity with written non-English languages and conventions (especially Spanish, French, Italian, or German)
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com